Thursday, August 7, 2008

Knitting Bug....

With babies popping up (or should I say out?? LOL) every where at the moment the urge to pull out the knitting needles has stuck again... This time I've actually finished something bigger than a scarf or gloves... It's this cute little Debbie Bliss Shrug.....
Now I'm a pretty novice knitter at the best of times but with the help of You Tube and a few handy 'how to' video's it was a breeze mastering this super easy pattern by Debbie Bliss...

I started this shrug on Tuesday night and finished it last night, talk about instant knitting gratification!!! Seen as though the knitting bug has well and truly made it self at home I couldn't help but cast on this little number this morning before work.... It's going to be a gift for a girlfriend who's due to have a baby girl in a couple of weeks... Her colour preference was red, not pink, RED!!!! I can't wait to see how it turns out...
Just one last note before I sign off for today.... I'm so grateful for all of the inspiration and support that all you bloggers out there offer each and every day. If it wasn't for this 'network' of supportive people I really would find it hard to focus on a daily basis like I do....Take Care and THANK YOU!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh the baby shrug does look super cute. I cant believe you are only a novice knitter. The red item looks pretty so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice baby shrug - I have just gone and downloaded the pattern. You certainly don't look like you are a novice knitter - it's just gorgeous. Did you use the circular needles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Knitting and I love your Baby count down on your side bar. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your knitted shrug! The red cardi looks a gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - what a fabulous shrug - you're so clever!
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. so Cute Great when the Urge hits, love the Red looks interesting.
    cheers
    maree

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my - you are so far from a novice knitter ... have you seen my washcloths? Now they are the work of a novice! ha! Hope you are feeling well ... such a sweet little sweater ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shrug is adorable :o) That's great that you made it so quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...