Friday, May 27, 2016

wood chopping, photo taking, sheep, and bonfires.


I've been thinking a lot lately, I always do I guess, about many things, but after reading Jane's latest post it got me thinking even more! Sometimes we can get a little lost in the 'everyday' and it's nice to stop and take a moment to reflect on the things and times that make us smile - the simple, unconscious, everyday happenings that just seem to wrap us up like a big hug and warm the heart.
 
Here are some of mine.....
 
Chopping wood with my little people,
028
and marvelling at how helpful and independent they are becoming.
031
Taking pictures with my biggest girl - she's creative and inspiring and is diving into the world of photography with such passion, it's contagious!
20160510_163724
Sheep - newly purchased, waiting in our yards. Its been so long since we bought new stock but thanks to some much needed rain at the start of the month we now have green pasture again and can increase our stocking capacity!
20160514_152227
Bonfires - with new and old friends, sharing food and stories at the end of the day.
20160525_185532
I hope that you're taking some time to reflect on the things that make you smile too?
 
Happy Friday Friends! x

11 comments:

  1. All sounds good.....
    Glad you have some green grass....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna - I hope the rain reached you guys at Coonamble too.. xx

      Delete
  2. Oh you are mighty good with that chainsaw. I haven't touched ours since we moved to the bush. But I guess when you have property likes yours it's "all hands on the deck." Green grass would be a blessing for you. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Zena, and yes the green grass is a real blessing. x

      Delete
  3. It is good to be thankful for and to just enjoy the small moments. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see you have green grass after the rains & you can enjoy life on your farm again. I love seeing your photos & agree it is the simplest of things that can make us happy. Love & hugs to you lovely lady xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks really fun, I envy you. I hope I can go with my family too

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...