Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Drawstring Pouch and some Mittens...

I whipped up this little reversible drawstring pouch on Sunday night using just over half a metre of fabric in an attemp to help my little sister learn to sew a bag of her very own....
It was so super easy and if anybody is wanting me to do a tutorial for one just leave a comment and if there's enough interest I'll try and get one up on my blog in the next couple of weeks.
I'm using this one to carry my latest knitting project around in, a washcloth which will be a pressy for a friends b'day that is coming up very soon. I can see many more of these little bags in my life, they're just fab and ever so handy to tote that latest project around in.
I've also managed to crochet a pair of these mittens for bub #2. They should match the little booties just nicely. Now all I need is to find a little singlet pattern, anybody know of a good one out there????
Take Care and happy crafting.... :)

13 comments:

  1. I would love to see a tutorial, definitely, these bags are so versatile and handy to have.
    Sylvia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try making a bag; a tutorial would be good if you have the time.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also would love a tutorial, Ive just gotten a new sewing machine and would love to make this!
    Marie/x

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, a tutorial sounds good to me
    lisa x
    p.s I'm having a little giveaway if you are interested

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely! A tute would be great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both projects are lovely Jodie, so your trying to dragggggg another person into our sewing world. Good luck.... I hope you do it.
    I'm sure everyone will love a tutorial. I wouldn't say no.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see a tutorial. It seems simple enough that I could teach my big sister how to sew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little bag is so cute and the fabric is very nice. Love those mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute bag - I have a singlet pattern here - it calls so 4ply! Let me know if you would like me to copy it for you? Think it would be perfect for your summer babe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your project bag is just adorable!
    Love the colors, too. It's nearly autumn here in the USA, and those colors will be everywhere we look very soon.

    Looks like your tutorial is in great demand. I, too, will have fabric purchased and will be ready to sew when you post the directions. :)
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bag and look forward to the tute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely bag and slippers.
    Kind regards,

    Sonnja & Beertje Zonn

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...