Thursday, July 23, 2009

Winter Kerchief...

I can't remember the last time that I knitted something for myself, pretty sad hey??? So armed with some more of this gorgeous yarn and a super simple pattern I got to work on rectifying this problem....
For the last 3 nights I've been click, click, clicking away in front of the T.V. working on my special project....
Now that it's finished I LOVE IT and just can't seem to take it off!!! It's a cross between a shawl and a scarf and you can wear it around your neck (which I prefer to do) or draped over your shoulders, either way it's absolutely DIVINE!!!!
I have plans for making another one of these for a friend using slightly chunkier yarn and adding a lace pattern to to outer edging just for a little fun, so stay tuned for the pattern notes.... Take Care :)
p.s. this pattern is a freebie avaliable from here....

14 comments:

  1. Looks lovely & warm on you Jodie...Great Job.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Jodie! You and the kerchief! I know what you mean about not knitting for your self too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look wonderful on you Jodie. You should knit more for yourself. I should too, although I would prefer to lose a lot of weight first (before kids stage) so that I wouldnt have to knit them so big, lol!!! I am sure with the cold snap we are having that it will keep you toasty warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love.....
    this is beautiful... I have it in my faves also....
    love the pix...your photos are really coming along in leaps and bounds. great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Kerchief!!!!!!!! Looks great on and love the colors...I really like the way it sits and the different styles you can wear it. About time you made something for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very stylish Jodie :)
    You are so clever with the things u knit!
    & I always so love the deep red backgrounds with farm and machines behind it :)
    ps. Thought u might like to know I am having a giveaway at the moment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see why you love this kerchief! I went straight away and printed the pattern. Can't wait to make one for myself. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. Aren't the simplest things often the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooh, I love it - I think I'll try that one myself. I have volunteered to teach Grade 3"s to knit at lunch time today - think of my and send some knitting vibes

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks amazing! and how fast were you getting this completed! must be about time I picked my needles up tonight instead a needle! Bec xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Jodie, you were right it is gorgeous! Do you tie it behind your neck? Making adult sized things takes so much longer, that's my block with it anyway. Again, I'm soooo pleased you are using and enjoying the wool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors you used are stunning together! And it looks so soft. Like you, I hardly ever knit anything for myself. I am just a gift knitter at heart.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...