Thursday, October 4, 2012

Our Days.....

As the days start getting warmer we find ourselves, as a family, spending more and more time outside - savouring the days before they become just that little bit too hot....
Painting on the old rickety front veranda is always a must on a warm day, with colour experimentation high on my girls list of favourite things to do...  (the little strips pictured below are part of a collection they have been working on for a Xmas 'count-down' chain/garland - yes it is nearly Xmas again... )
girls 6
Not too long ago my Connie Girl decided that she wanted her own 'gardenbed'... So she set off with her trailer and collected rocks, horse poop, compost and the all important (around here anyway) sheep poop.  After everything was prepared she took to one of my gardens with a shovel and dug out some of her favourite plants... 
girls 1
She rakes and weeds and waters her little garden almost daily and thanks to this her plants are thriving. So now 2 months down the track, she has visions of expanding and dotting little garden beds all around the yard....
 
Not too far away is Millie, of coarse, under an old rainwater tank stand where a few geraniums and pots of neglected succulents live - this is her little spot, where many a tea party on a warm afternoon has been had already this Season.....
girls 2
The Ponies have finally settled in and we're finding ourselves enjoying their company daily, especially of a late afternoon just as the sun is slipping beneath the horizon....
girls 3
I almost can't believe that this sweet little dress that Millie is wearing was one I made for Connie over 2 and a 1/2 years ago - where has that time gone??? I think I love it just as much today as I did way back then when I fist saw Connie running 'round on the grass in it...
girls 5
Are there things surrounding you at the moment that conjure up old memories???
 
As I slowly get closer to the arrival of bub #3 I seem to be slipping on the old blogging front... :(
I love my blog and derive and enormous amount of satisfaction and reward each and every time I post but for some reason over the past couple of months I feel as though I've been an absolute SLACKER and for this I am truly sorry... I do read all of your comments and I am thankful for all of your emails - technology and I are not seeing eye to eye at the moment but I'm determined to combat this problem so please do hang in there as I try my hardest to get things back on track again...

10 comments:

  1. This brings back memories of my childhood Jodie, especially geraniums, succulents and tea parties under thr tank stand. Your post has made me smile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your daugter built her own vegie patch and then raided your garden for her plants. Very cute! Keep blogging - your photos and stories are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I recognised that dress from when Connie wore it. It still looks so nice too. I love Connie's little garden and think it is a wonderful idea. She may grow up to be a beautiful gardener one day. Hope all is well for you with bub #3, and you would be tired from looking after the 2 girls also so blogging isnt a top priority, we will still be here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous photos of your girls! Love Connie's garden and the ponies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jodie, lovely post as always, just as Miss Piggy said...keep blogging when you can :) I love the way you capture family life in outback x

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS Jodie...I have had seed success, tomatoes still small but looking strong and cucumbers off and racing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to have a little garden of my own as a youngster. One at home under the lemon tree and the other at my Nan and Pops place under the old tree ferns.
    You are forgiven for not blogging as often as you'd like, I'm the same. I love reading each and everyone of your posts.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there and be easy on yourself. I have been a slack blogger this year too. I've signed up for blogtoberfest in the hope of getting back on the blogging wagon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes we just need a break from the blog scene, and I'm sure when you have the baby you will be so busy and tuckered out from nightly feedings and daily chores. You will need your rest then for sure. We will still be here. Take care.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jodie, the garden looks great!! Hope you had a lovely day last Wednesday! Sorry I didn't catch you last week at the shop, I took the kids to Orange for a visit to Kates ;) Will catch you on Friday with a little pres..xo Suze.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...