Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Little Shoes...

With the cool days upon us I find myself reaching for the hand-knits faster than I can wash them... So this past week I've been making little shoes for the smallest guy in our home to combat this problem... 
booties 1 
With 5 pairs now made and the first having been worn for a good week (with washing in between of-coarse), I can safely state that I now have a new favourite 'bootie' pattern... :)
booties 6
The pattern can be found here and guess what??? It's a freebie too... :) It comes in loads of sizes and is super easy to switch out the yarn recommended for something in your stash - gotta love that...

The yarn I used for this batch of booties was 100% Baby Alpaca, super soft and super warm and apart from a little fluffing after the first couple of wears it seams super durable too... I only have 7 balls left in my Shop, they're down from $11.50 to $8.50 - check it out here or here...

What have you been knitting this week???

1 comment:

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...