Thursday, August 13, 2009

Designated Cook.....

Just a quick post to say a big THANK YOU to all of the swappers from the recent Washcloth Swap.... Everybody has received their parcels and after some fantastic feedback I'm so pleased to report that you all thoroughly enjoyed the swap... :)

For those that are interested in joining in on round 2, sign-ups will be up at the end of next week and open for a month....

Shearing is in full swing here at 'Darling Downs' and being the designated cook I've seen just about enough of my kitchen for the week... LOL!!! This morning along with Jam Drops, Caramel Slice and Chocolate Fudge Cake, the Shearers (and my girls of coarse) enjoyed some of these little gems, Orange Cup Cakes, for morning tea.... Yes, I still have oranges... LOL!!! Thank Goodness I'm down to my last 20..... This Orange Cup Cake recipe is so super easy, you just chuck everything in the one bowl, give it a bit of a mix, bake it in the oven and you're done.... Here's the recipe....

Orange Cup Cakes....

1/2 cup butter,1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup o.j., 2 eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 1/2 cup SR flour, 1 tablespoon orange rind.

Combine all ingredients and beat on high for 3 minutes...
Pour mixture patty pans, should make about 24 patty cakes...
Bake for 15 mins at 180'C...
Allow to cool then ice with orange butter and top with coconut....
orange butter...
1/3 cup butter, 1 1/2 cup icing sugar, 2-3 Tablespoons o.j., 1/2 teaspoon orange rind...
blend all ingredients together until light and fluffy....

Take Care.... *^_^*

9 comments:

  1. The washers look great Jodie..thanks for sharing the Orange Cup Cake Recipe...as my husband would say "they look like good tucker".
    Kind Regards
    Judith
    http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy you are slaving away over the oven and I am still ovenless and would love to be baking! LOL.
    This cupcake recipe sounds like the I use too Jodie : ) I usually omit the rind and make it up as a slab, I often just dust the top with icing sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. delisiouso babe....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The swap was great fun.count me in on the next one please :)

    your cakes look lovely.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those orange cupcakes do sound wonderful and look very tasty. You must get so tired cooking for so many people too as I am sure they would have huge appetites shearing all day. Yes, the dishcloth swap was lots of fun and I will sign up for the next one too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cupcakes are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmmmmmmm must ask......
    do you spin and knit up any of your own wool???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the cupcake recipe - I have been searching for a good one, they look great.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...