Monday, November 22, 2010

Almost Ready...

As we wait for 1 last Header (Harvester) part to arrive the anticipation grows as our crops etch their way to being ripe for 'stripping'.... In just a matter of days Harvest will begin and if all goes well these tiny little seeds will be our meal ticket for the next 6 months...
We've watched paddocks of bare red dirt turn to lush green pasture which then finally hayed off into golden wheat fields and have waited patiently as the months passed by in the process. We're so thankful for the rain that fell just when we needed it and for a mild start to our hot Season that has shone just the right amount of Sun.... We've been lucky enough to dodge the locust that are ever so present on several other parts of our farm...
And now, with all fingers crossed, we hope for a successful harvest..... So if I'm a little distant over the next couple of weeks it's because this hectic time has engulfed me and my little family as we work hard 'round the clock to get our precious grains of gold to the silo's... Hopefully bringing with it some festive cheer for 'Darling Downs' Station....

12 comments:

  1. Crop looks lovely! I hope the rain holds off for you while you harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm hoping for you to have a successful harvest too! The field looks magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pull em' in, darlin! Such anticipation. Good luck keeping those boys fed and awake in the tractors.
    xx Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you all the very best with bringing in your precious harvest.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. goodluck with the harvest..........ours has started to shoot in the head........tooo much of a good thing..........hope to get into it tomorrow or Wed........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh look at all your lovely wheat!!! Good luck and stay safe during the harvest :-)

    Thanks so much for sending the Ruffle Dress pattern, I have just done some ric-rac for mine and now have to sew it all together. I think my neice will be saving it for next year as it seems large but then I have no idea how big babies are these days :-) Will add a link to you when I post about it in a few days....you will have to check it out after the harvest. Hope the weather holds for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks lovely Jodie. I've always lived in a city so don't know about such things but I do love looking at pictures of your glorious fields.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you have a wonderful harvest! My poor Dad got rain and so much of it at the wrong time. So sad. The first decent wheat & barley since 2002, ruined.
    I hope the harvest goes well and that you aren't too busy keeping up the smokos down the paddock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your harvest goes smoothly and is bountiful. Some time ago I saw a post with a pattern for a crochet dishcloth. I have just taught myself to crochet and would love to try your dishcloth pattern. Hoping I can still get it. Please let me know how I can get the money to you. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope all goes well with your harvest. Busy, busy, busy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope that all goes well - my inlaws were having a race with the rain last week - They got all but a strip or two off so they were happy with that.
    Farming is such a gamble with the gods!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...