Thursday, November 11, 2010

Roller-Coaster......

This morning I got up before the Sun, jumped into my car and headed to town for the start of my working week at 'Jellywares on Marshall'....

Life gets pretty hectic around my place and for the past week I don't think I've even had the chance to read 1/2 of the emails that have hit my inbox let alone reply to the the few that I have....

As of this morning, at 7:30am, my Inbox total hit 876 messages, can you believe it??? Well I almost can't!!!!

When did I become that person who barely gets the chance to reply to her emails???? When did I loose track of the hours which somehow blend into days, and eventually turn into weeks, yes that's right, WEEKS!!!! Weeks of to-do lists with way too many things not done on them and way more things that REALLY need to be done..... *sigh*
So yesterday with an ever growing 'to-do' list we threw caution to the wind and had a picnic instead....
We left dishes on the sink and washing in the machine, sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather that this time of year brings.... And after that, we picked flowers....
Lots of flowers and then, when my littlest bundle was plum-tuckered out, I cleaned off the kitchen bench and hung out the washing........ And you know what???? Every single crazy second of this roller-coaster life that I live is what keeps me jumping out of bed in the morning, excited to start each new day, anxious of what it might hold....

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes its nice to throw your lists to the wind and just live life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you are now feeling more centred and a little less snowed under after such a lovely day off.
    Take care,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. good decision - those are the days we remember.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you Jodie. Live for the moment...cobwebs are cool and although having dishes in the sink when friends call around makes me cringe internally and make apologies for the state of things, I would rather have friends call around and make the time to scratch the creative itch. Kx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those warm sunny picnic are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think sometimes its just the little things that make everything else worth while...and the washing,dishes and emails will all be there when you get back! Enjoy the litte things...xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Picnics are always a great idea.

    I love that photo of your plum tuckered out little girl :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hat and the blunnies :-) Picnics it this nice weather are a real bonus and memories to be treasured......A very good friend who I used to milk with and admire the way she was always doing things with the kids once gave me this little gem of advise "they (the kiddies) wont remember that you had baked beans for tea 2 nights in a row or the dishes in the sink or the dust and mess but they will remember the little things that you do with them everyday", like picnics....So enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you know what's important! Spending time with the wee ones is much better than worrying about e-mails and such.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jodie, don't be hard on yourself. As a mom of two, who is also artistically/domestically inclined, it is easy for me to get distracted and off track. I actually haven't blogged in almost 9 months! However, cutting back sometimes to focus on what is most important feels the best, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...