Friday, July 15, 2011

Yarn Addiction....

Hello - My name is Jodie and I am addicted to yarn!!!!!! It's been 45mins since I last fondled the new deliciously decadent rainbow coloured balls of Noro that arrived in my shop earlier in the week....

noro 1

You see - the only down side to me owning a yarn shop is that most of my stock makes it's way home with me before it even gets a chance to hit the shelves....

It's truly not my fault, I promise... But when 8 skeins of Paris Night Malabrigo whisper sweetly that they want to be turned into this cardigan what am I to do, just leave them there??? And when 2 balls of violet infused Taiyo scream out to be whipped up into this top/dress for my littlest Miss, seriously - what am I to do???? Grab 4 just in case - right??? I could go on like this ALL DAY LONG!!!!

11 comments:

  1. LOL..........we know your addicted to yarn.........enjoy and have fun.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe. Its like me and fabric; I keep a little bit of everything for myself :-) You wouldnt be doing your job if you didnt test the product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your penance for today my child is to at least begin one of those mentioned projects before the day is out. Have a wonderful weekend and bless you for your confession.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. thanks so much for stopping by my little blog too recently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - I don't know how you do it. I'd be crocheting away all my profits. And I'm drooling over that noro! I just wish your "real" shop was closer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We forgive you your yarn addiction my child :0)
    Just look at that fabulous Noro! I haven't had a chance to knit with it yet, but it looks a beautiful yarn.
    Love the cardigan and little dress patterns you've chosen to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's ok Jodie. Just breathe deeply. Listening to those symptomes, I would suggest you are quite passionate about your craft and your store. Congratulations, you are on the right path. You have found your passion, already! So many people spend their whole life searching. happy weekend to you and your wool. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could have worse addictions Jodie.....*Grin*.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are not alone Jodie. I think there are a lot of yarn addicts out here ;0)
    We just don't have a shop full of yarn to play with everyday,lol.
    You have to test knit something out of each yarn so you can recommend it to people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So you are telling us that you are your best customer? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!!! We hear ya girl, and share your passion for lovely yarns. The rest of us are drooling over what a lucky gal you are....damnit!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cool. I wish I had a yarn store...oh wait...I kind of do or that's what my hubbie calls my wool room. Hey, everyone needs a bit of stash!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...