Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"Hooked"

I came across a great little pattern the other day for a crochet wash cloth and have been dying to give it a go. So over the weekend while it was raining and I was stuck inside I managed to whip a couple up.... They're made out of 100% cotton which is supposed to be better/softer on your skin then acrylic or 100% wool. If it was destined to be a dishcloth I've been told that the best fibre to use is good quality acrylic. It's supposed to stand up to the scrubbing of the dishes better then cotton. What do you think??

After looking at all of the lovely coasters that people have been making for the swap I couldn't help but make up a little crochet set. I designed this pattern on Friday night after several failed attempts at making a hexagon block. What do you think???I made a set of six coasters out of the 100% Australian Merino Wool I bought back here. My swap partner is from overseas and would just love these coasters.... OH, now to decide which one's I'll send her, maybe I should just send her both sets????

Now that I'm "hooked" on crochet again I decided to whip up a little carry bag to put any projects that I'm working on in. I made this little tote from the 'Bend the Rules Sewing' book by Amy Karol. I swear it only took about 20 minutes and it's fully lined, how greats that??? And yes you're right I used some of the Humpty fabric from here.

I grow all of my veges in a series of old rain water tanks scattered around my yard. This one has some cherry tomatoes in it. They've just gone crazy after all of the rain??? Another thing that has happened to them since the rain is that a grub of some kind has started burrowing inside the tomatoes.... I have heaps of tomato plants scattered around my yard but this is the only one with this grub in/on it.... Does anybody have any pointers as of how to get rid of the little terrors???I also recieved my Winter Quilt from the swap today.... Thankyou so much Tracey I LOVE IT!!!! I'll post some pics later on in the week. Take care...... :)

14 comments:

  1. I love those coaster, so great! Your partner is going to be very happy :)...love the tote too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never proofread till it is too late. That is...coasters (plural)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that dish cloth pattern and you as usual very clever!!
    My hubby swears by onions planted with his tomatoes to keep the bugs away!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the coasters look great! I am STILL trying to crochet, I want to do it but don't stick at it long enough I don't think to get the hang of it!! I LOVE your bag and of course I LOVE that fabric

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so envious, I can't crochet at all. I try then I fail. Everytime...Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the coasters as well. Well done with that - wish I could crochet and read a crochet pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the first cloths - such a pretty pattern and the tote is awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooo...grubs. I can't stand those nasty little things! When I had an issue with them (in my window box of all places!! On the third floor of an apartment!?!), the woman who lived below us was an organic landscaper. She gave me some grub bait pellets. You put them in the soil and the grubs eat them and die. I know that's probably not much help as I am in the States, but maybe there is something similar in Australia?

    Love the coasters and the tote, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow.... what a boost the rain dito your creative mojo.... everything looks fantastic..... would you make the pattern available for sale on your blog?? I am sure it will be a hit....
    luv Abby

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your crocheted dishcloths - they look beautiful. I use 100% cotton dishcloths and I think that they are great - haven't tried making the acrylic ones though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dont know how to get rid of your grub on the tomatoes but I could sure go for some homegrown tomatoes right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the link to my blog! I also think the coasters are great. I am sorry about the grubs. They are gross little things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your dishcloths, Jodie! Thanks for pointing me to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...