Thursday, February 21, 2008

Flat Out!!!!

Where has this year gone??? I can't believe it's nearly March already....

I've been so flat out lately, I've been finding myself sewing into the wee hours of the morning just to fit in a bit of crafting time (am I desperate or what???). Where has this new found motivation for sewing come from??? I'm loving it and hope that it doesn't disapear any time soon!! I've sewn up this fifties bib/apron for the little princess.....I love the way it's turned out, the tutorial was super easy!!! Don't you just love the back view??? LOL!!!It has toweling on the reverse side, I just used an old toweling nappy that I had left over from when the little princess was wearing them.... I also whipped up these overalls in some dusty pink mini cord.....
The pattern is New Look 6312... I must admit, I didn't really follow the pattern 100% but I still think that they turned out O.K. and look just like the pattern picture...

The little princess tried them out the other day (hence the brown marks on the knee and chest region) and I've run them through the wash once, not that you can tell!! Lately I'm finding it really hard to remove dirt and grime from play clothes...

I put nappy san in with my washing but it still comes out with horrible stains on it. Could my washing machine need a clean out??? How the #@*! do I do that? If anybody has any old remidies that may be able to help me out I'd love to hear them!!

17 comments:

  1. That bib/apron is really really cute (great idea too). Alas I have no washing remedies. No kids means not many grass stains to remove in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. humm maybe adding some vinegar to a wash cycle might do the trick! Love the back shot - that is such a hoot! Love the sewing that you are getting done (with your early risers and late night owl days - hope that everything is ok!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mum, does this bib make my bum look big?? Sorry, but I used to look at my children in similar poses and think that! As for stains, I like the spray on stuff, or the 2 parts in 1 bottle stuff right and wrong side of fabric, leave for 10 mins or so, them put in wash. Just looked in Shannon Lush's Spotless book, and she recommends dry cleaning fluid before washing in washing powder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow jojo everything looks amazing...
    I think you run your machine with a a bottle of black and gold white vinegar on your usual cycle no powder. Also dont forget to empty all your filters and lint catchers regularly
    luv Ab

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great bib - love that back view!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! And the overalls are gorgeous, too. Which reminds me I need to get some kiddy clothes sewing again to get ready for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sweet. love your pictures. and yes, I might try the vinegar trick too. hopefully that will work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute, cute
    Everywhere ya look!
    I'd do a Bi-carb/vinegar run through but then, I know nothing...Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I am so impressed with the sewing! How is house selling? We are auctioning tomorrow. Fingers crossed at 9AM for us please. All the best! Rosalind X
    Sew Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that backside view!!!and the top too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i use the vinegar method for my machine but i have a twin tub and i can remove most of the parts to clean them. it's a horrible job, but the results are better.
    i love your apron and i love you model too. and no, her bum does not look big in it!!!lol
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh these are sooo adorable..You've really done some lovely sewing.
    Melx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am absolutely astounded and amazed at what you are achieving. I don't know where you find the energy, but i wish i had some. We are thrilled you are sooo happy. I have read all of your entries, looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pictures are so cute today! Summertime babies are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute apron and cute photo!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...