Friday, August 14, 2009

Re-Purposing Tin Can's.....

After planting out a heap of veggie seeds for my up and coming Spring garden last week I decided that some new plant labels were in order... Armed with a couple of old tin cans and a pair of scissors here's what I came up with.....
To make some for yourself first you'll need to give a couple of used cans a good rinse out with water and allow them to dry.....
Then cut the top and bottom off your cans.....
Now cut the body of the can open so that it lays flat.....
Cut this flat section into a heap of 1cm strips, I got about 16-18 strips per can.....
I like to round one end of the stick off by cutting it in a curve like so....
Now using a large nail scratch in the name of the seed (or plant) that you just planted.....
And you're done, how easy was that???? What do you like to use to label your garden plants??? Do you do anything with you old tin cans to re-purpose them???

Take Care.... :)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jodie, I don't really plant enough to have had to label before will most likely do something similar to your great idea with plastic Milk bottle. Looks like we both had re purposing on our minds yesterday.LOL Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever -- and cute too! I hope those aren't your sewing scissors hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodie those garden labels look fantastic. Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea - you are wo creative in everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. I have lots of cans I think i will give this a go for my garden this year. Thank for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhh I totally get it now.... great post. Nice cans too!! hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...