Thursday, December 23, 2010

Last Minute....

With only 2 days left til Xmas I thought it might be fun post a couple of quick last minute Xmas-y type projects for you all to do...
The first 1 is for some Xmas String. Once you start on this stuff you won't want to stop and before long will have it hanging everywhere in your home...
This pattern is written using American Crochet Terms. If you are unfamiliar with the stitches I’m sure ‘Mr Google’ will be able to help you out...
Abbreviations : : ch-chain, slst-slip stitch, dc-double crochet, st-stitch.
Using a 4mm hook and some 8ply yarn chain 20.
*Work 6dc into the 4th ch from the hook, skip the next 2ch, slip stitch into the next ch. Work another 6dc into the opposite side of the chain that you worked the last 6dc into (12dc in total, slip stitch into top of 1st dc (1 circle made). Ch 20 and repeat from* until your Xmas String is desired length, I like to make my strings a minimum of 20 circles long.
Simple Hey???
Stay tuned tomorrow for a cute little Tree Decoration and I might even be able to pop up the coin pouch tutorial that I've been promising for months... xx

2 comments:

  1. So lovely, thank you for sharing the pattern!
    Hope you have a joyful Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!
    Lovestitch, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I'll have to do some of this when (if?!) I finally get tired of crocheting your gorgeous stars - those things are addictive! I swear I'm going to have crochet star bunting from one end of the house to other at this rate LOL.

    Merry Xmas to you and your gorgeous family Jodie, and all the best for the New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...