Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Art of Crochet

The past couple of weeks have been some what of a blur but every single minute of the blurry haze has been thoroughly enjoyed - that's for sure!!!!

After returning home earlier this week with my 2 littlies in toe from a week long 'Homeschooling Camp' I had just enough time to gather up some supplies, make sure DH was equipped to take care of our girls, pack up most of my Shop and head off down the road to Bourke for a few days.... I was invited over to teach a group of gorgeous ladies the Art of Crochet...
bourke 1
Thank you so much for your gorgeous hospitality Anna!!! I had the most amazing time teaching all of you lovely ladies and was so inspired to see what some of you had created since our last meet....

It truly makes my heart sing to see spark in the eye of a new-be crocheter - and let me tell you now, these girls eyes sure were a SPARKLING!!!!

Over the past couple of weeks I've also managed to finish a few crochet projects of my own, some for the gift giving and some just because... The first was my Willow Doily Blanket that I blogged about here....
doily 2 
Then I made another one of Lisa's Super Simple Wreaths.
wreath 1 
This time I used the decadent Malabrigo Chunky Merino in a golden shade and a 10mm hook (the little butterfly is a free pattern from here if you're interested)...

And then I couldn't help myself and I made ANOTHER Willow - this one is my favorite by far...  
doily 1
I am totally in love with the Malabrigo Organic Cotton that I used for this blanket. It has made up so beautifully and has transformed this simple blanket into a gorgeous table cloth - don't you think??? 

What have you been up to these past couple of weeks???

10 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous sight ladies crafting together is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all your wonderful work! those ladies were so blessed to have you join with them. Thanks for sharing the wreath pattern. I just bought a form at goodwill for fifty cents today and was looking for a tutorial. Pleasant surprise you posting a link to one today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jodie! Sounds like you have been up to a lot of fun. The Willow doily, is beautiful. I like both color choices (my favorite color is blue). The ecru or beige one does look more antique though. Been busy here too. Getting things made for our first grand baby due in March. So excited and plan to post pics soon of more baby things I've done. Made the cutest little frog...can't wait to share. {{{HUGS}}} Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jodie. Looks like you have been up to some fun stuff. Love the doilies. Been making baby toys here for our first grand baby due in March. Just made a cute little frog and can't wait to post a pic of that soon.
    {{{HUGS}}} Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodie...bear with me, I sent that first comment without signing who it was from, thought I had lost it and so quickly did another, only to find I had sent the first and....what a simpleton you must think this gal is...well, it has been a long day here in Ohio..
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Jodie!
    Your blankets are just beautiful! The pattern can get addicting, hm? I agree. I made 7 in a two months' span!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lot of fun sharing the crochet love in Bourke Jodie! Lovely projects as always

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a lot of fun sharing the crochet love in Bourke Jodie! Lovely projects as always

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your Willows Jodie! I have made one out of Bamboo/cotton, my neighbour made the one out of the Sierra, my horse buddy made one out of the organic cotton and I am hoping you have some more Cotton Rich (7356 342108) x 3 to finish the other one. Somehow and none of us can figure out how I managed to get 12 petals in my Cotton Rich one so I need more yarn. It looks great and is just a tiny bit bigger than the others. They look amazing on the table! Wow your wreath looks fantastic! What did you use for the ring? I LOVE it bigger....will have to make one of those now too :-) You are certainly keeping busy and your classes look like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jodie what did you use as a ring for your wreath? It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...