Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sweet and Tender

This week I've been busily harvesting golden onions from my garden - bunches and bunches of them... I like to plait mine and hang them in my dark pantry to dry out, this way they last us all the way through Winter (that's if we don't eat them all ofcoarse... LOL!!!). Nothing quite beats the fresh, sweet, tender taste of freshly grown onions... What do you do with yours???
garden 1 
We've also been lucky enough to be picking tomatoes and sweet hungarian peppers.
garden 2 garden 3
Have you ever preserved peppers??? I'd love to have a go at roasting them and preserving them in some kind of vinegar brine - got any recipe ideas?? I'd love for you to share them with me if you do...
cloth 1 
Over the past couple of days I've had quite a few emails from my Swap ladies letting me know that they've sent out their parcels. This is great news as there is still a week until the deadline.... I'll be sending my parcel off tomorrow. I've made my (secret) partner the 'Grandmother's Fan Dishcloth' that I wrote about here. I just love this pattern and can see many more of this dishcloth made in the lead up to Xmas....

9 comments:

  1. Yum! I didn't plan onions this year, as they didnt grow too well last year. No idea with the pepper, sorry... though I did a huge batch of beetroot with your recipe today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Jodie! Great photos...I would love a pepper recipe also if you find a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those onions look so good. I'm yet to try growing onions yet, but i'll have to give them a try.
    I preserved an excess of peppers by making them into sweet chilli sauce.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of that dishcloth Jodie....It is adorable....Have a lovely day sweet girl....x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden produce looks yummy. I have pickled peppers before. You can use a regular pickle brine recipe, just substitute the peppers for the pickles. There are also plenty of recipes on the internet that you might like to try. Good luck.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't have a garden this year as all my guinea fowl are now roosting in the covered veggie garden. I am in the process of designing one for next year. I want raised beds, got any ideas?

    Your washcloth is a winner :-) I'm posting mine out this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just discovered your blog and love it! I love your crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pattern is gorgeous. Did you have to buy the book to get it?
    L
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, if you roast the peppers you can just keep them under a layer of oil (preferably olive) with a few dried herbs tucked in.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...