Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Simple Sewing.....

I have a couple of little tops on my list to make up for Miss Connie for Xmas this year and if I'm happy enough with the pattern I'm going to scale it down and make a couple of tops for my new little niece too..... I made a trial one last night using some of this Japanese fabric. I must admit, it's turned out super cute and now I'm itching to make some more.....I used a New Look pattern that I bought ages ago and traced but never got around to sewing up. I still have the traced copy but have somehow managed to loose the original, heaven only knows what the pattern number is... LOL!!!!This project took only 2 hours all up so unless bub #2 decides to come along early I should easily be able to manage another couple of these little tops before Xmas....

I've hung my advent stockings now that the countdown to Xmas is under 10 days (remember I only got around to making 10 instead of 24... hehehe). Don't they just look so cute with the little cheeky chocolate Santa heads popping out the top???? Maybe next year I might be able to get around to finishing off the rest of them....

Take Care.... :)

8 comments:

  1. Love the top. Connie looks so sweet and the fabric is great too. Yes, the Santa heads do look cheeky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is such a cutie in her new top. Very cute. I do hope you get to finish some more before bub 2 appears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't checked up on blogs in a while, but all of the projects are adorable. Connie looks absolutely lovely in her new tops, and the quilts turned out incredible too. You have such a crafty gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great little tops - you have been one very busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the little things you have been making....like you are 'nesting'. I'm sorry I have been lurking lately as life is so busy....but just keeping an eye on you as I know baby is due any day....
    Take care
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh, I can just hear my mum saying, write the pattern number and name on each piece as you trace it, and on the envelope you keep it in. Also how many pieces, because you just never know.....
    The top looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little one looks adorable in her new top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, she looks simply beautiful in that! Love the pig tails! Great work on the top. Had to laugh at your pattern tale. Sounds like me!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...