Sunday, March 21, 2010

Girly Dress....

dress 044 dress 091
A proper girly dress is a necessity in any girl's wardrobe, right???? Well that's what the very clever ladies Mason-Dixon from 'Knitting Outside The Lines' thought when they created this gorgeous 'Jane Austen' dress....
 
And you know what, I think they were right!!!!!!!
 
I loved knitting this dress and Miss Connie loves wearing it..... I love that she picked the fabric and the yarn to make it too.... It's going to be her Easter dress so after tonight's try-on we'll be putting it in a special place until then..... A little note about the pattern though - I made the size 2 -3 and the arm holes were way too small so I increased the length at the front and back by an extra inch...
Something a little special about this dress, to me, is that the fabric skirt is hand sewn on to the knitted bodice... I enjoyed this part of the dress thoroughly, it really bought me back to the basics of sewing. I couldn't help but think of how women would of made clothes before sewing machines became a common accessory.
 
Hugs - Jodie :)

22 comments:

  1. That is such a lovely dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks pretty pleased with her new dress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its just gorgeous Jodie, just gorgeous.

    And I love your little garden 101 - Millie must be tough to have gotten through quite a few of those chillies!

    And love your ric-rac (sorry this is the catch up comment) - the skirt is just so sweet.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Connie looks so pretty in her Easter dress. I love it and yellow suits her too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea for a little dress. I just love the knitted bodice and then fabric skirt - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is SO cute! Makes me want to make one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Connie looks so cute Jodie, lovley dress. Your lawn is so green!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh I bet our little licious loves to twirl in her new easter dress. great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww very pretty and great use of knitting and sewing... Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dress is lovely..what's even nicer is to see how happy your daughter looks...so free & at peace running around on that green grass.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet dress..inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a delight and so perfect for easter. Wonderful work! Looks like she thinks so too! xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy little chicky. Looks great.
    xx Amy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nothing like making a dress for one of your girls... such a sense of satisfaction. She does look as if she is enjoying the "try on".

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Wow! That little dress is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. the dress is just beautiful.
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely adorable! And it looks like Connie really enjoyed it and the photo op. She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I showed my 17 year old daughter Connie's dress and she wants me to make her one just like it!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...