Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Egg-y Goodness....

I'm undecided...... Do I like them best first thing in the morning when Miss Connie collects them and they're still warm as I sort them from their bucket......
Or......... Do I like them best all mashed up and lathered between thick slices of homemade bread with a generous helping of homegrown lettuce and homemade mayo?????
It's a tough one, what do you think?????
Here's how I like to make my egg mash : : a dozen eggs boiled rapidly for about 5 mins, cooled slightly, peeled and then placed in a LARGE bowl (this large bowl is important so that you can get a good swing of the arm happening when the mashing process starts). Add a big tablespoon of softened butter, a large pinch of freshly ground black pepper, an equally large pinch of salt and a big dollop of mayo (I like to make my own)..... Mash this egg mixture with all your might, really get those arms a swinging, until they resemble scrambled eggs..... Enjoy!!!!!
Hugs............................... Jodie.....

16 comments:

  1. I love egg and lettuce sandwiches but I dont have the mayo. My dad used to have chooks when we were kids and we used to love to go and collect them and cook them up. I used to like how bright yellow the yolks were, must have been all the vegie scraps and snails we used to feed them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, definitely the mash! Those sandwiches look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm coming to your place for lunch...yummm. Fresh laid eggs and homemade bread what could be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, great idea for the sandwiches! may need to try that for kinder.
    our ladies have changed their laying place in the last couple of days, strange, we do an egg hunt for the eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love egg and lettuce sandwiches!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my yum... so want an egg and lettuce sandwich now!
    I've been meaning to try my hand at making mayo... is it as tricky as it sounds? and does it keep for very long?

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM....are you harvesting/shearing or preg testing...sounds like your feeding the workers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum Yum !!! that's all that needs to be said xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so yummy! I keep nagging my hubby to make a coop as fresh eggs are so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want one of those sangers....they look divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh add curry into the egg and there will be none left here. I must say that I love the warmth of a warm egg in my hand. Wish I had chickens - one day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love cackleberry and lettuce sanga's Jodie.. I'd love to have chookys but unfortunately beagles are not the friend of the chook...

    Lissa
    PS I put mayo in mine too, the rest of the family HATES it when I do that.. you know, I think I might have to have cackleberry / lettuce sanga's for tea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The egg and mayo sandwich is a regular every Saturday at cricket for arvo tea - yummooo

    ReplyDelete
  14. love egg salad sandwiches. i always crave them when i'm pregnant. and homemade mayo? perfectly decadent! xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Egg Salad.... I'm thinking yep that's for me.... unless it's maybe a fried egg sandwich... then it's a parden the pun.... a toss-up!
    When my son was little about 4 or 5 he went to gramma's and helped collect the eggs.... she asked him how come he didn't pick up the brown eggs? He said, gramma, those aren't ripe yet! LoL... yes, he is now 32... we still tease him sometimes about that!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...