Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pack A Punch!!!!!

This little bundle looks pretty harmless, right???? Well not when they're in the hands of a 15 month old, let me explain.....
This arvo while picking veg for dinner Millie stumbled upon one of the well hidden HOT chilli bush's growing amongst the tomatoes and decided to have a little taste test....
She nibbled through almost 6 chillies before the burning sensation really kicked in... So with tear filled eyes and high pitched squeals poor little Millie learned rather quickly that chillies can really pack a punch........... :(
With an arm full of freshly picked veg and a glass full (oops, half full) of wine we all sat down on the grass for a little veggie garden 101..... First I told Millie that the purple beans in the garden were yummy and definitely o.k. to pick and eat.... I then explained that the skinny green looking beans are not to be eaten.... They are called chillies and are very, very, spicy.....And then Connie said...... "the green tomatoes are alright to eat Mil-Mil cause they're not hot like the chillies even thought they're green too"....

So hopefully a little of what we talked about sunk in, you never can tell especially when half your audience doesn't speak... LOL!!!

Hugs................... Jodie................

19 comments:

  1. Great post! I don't think she'll ever forget those chillis. Poor little thing. ooooops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, poor little munchkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing! I hope it doesn't put her off picking and munching- kids that eat veggies like that are as rare as hen's teeth! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all is well now. Hugs to Millie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Poor little Millie -- that sounds awful! Hopefully your little talk helped her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear! The same thing happened to my youngest in the summer (he's 2 and a few months now). We were visiting my in-laws in Noth Africa and they have a lovely big garden full of fruit trees. Well, in amongst them were bushes of chillies too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh the poor little poppet. They must have really hurt when they kicked in. Love the photos - how did you get that angle on them - bribe hubby to take the photos maybe??

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH NO! I was cringing as I was reading your post. I can still feel the burning sensation.
    Poor pet. Lets hope the Mummy/Sister talk works?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh poor Millie! I hope she is okay now. I remember when I ate really hot spicy food and had stomach cramps an hour later for about 2 hours. It was absolutely awful. I am sure Millie wont forget about the hotness of those chillis for quite a while, poor little sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor little miss! I bet it took awhile before her mouth cooled down...I imagine it burned her tummy too?

    LOVE the pictures though and how you told the story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh..poor girl! I bet she'll remember that next time she goes perusing through the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  12. poor little sausage!

    the bounty on the table is wonderful and has the look of love on it all.

    reading about the pants you made for Millie (clever lady) reminded me of those wretched burrs (and red dirt!)! We've been burr free for 2 1/2 weeks now - the kids can even go outside without shoes on!

    Have a happy day.
    xx Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my - I bet she got a surprise as did you. Hugs all round.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bet when she does start talking she will always remember that day in the garden!
    I went to a friends house and she was making salsa... and offered us some. I saw her little ones... around the same ages as your's eating chips and eating the salsa like it was candy. So I figured it wasn't too hot for me... (I like it mild) Next thing I know it hit me!!!! I had to ask for some milk! LoL... little ones can get used to things quite quickly... it's just what we are used to having!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ahhh, what a hard lesson to learn. although, she may grow up with an appreciation for hot food!
    i love your vegetable haul. Our vegetable garden is waiting for the autumn planting - I think we need a bit of rain first.....
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great pictures you're sharing with us . I look forward to seeing and reading more.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...